Thursday, January 24, 2008

Goodbye Old Friend


So for those of you who know me (or possibly passed me on the street) know of my undying love for my Tivo. Well Tivo has been a little under the weather lately and it looks like he will be making the trip to Tivo Heaven. 

It's a little silly when I think about how attached I am to Tivo but dang it I love him. Some of you will say "come on now, it's just a digital recording device" but to me he was so much more. 
It seems like just yesterday he came into my life and made everyday brighter and happier. Within of week of knowing me he already knew I would enjoy What Not to Wear and Vacation Home Search. He was so smart and knew me so well. He never missed an episode of Lost or Big Brother – not even The Girls Next Door which I’m sure he didn’t approve of.

We did have the occasional falling-out, don’t get me wrong. The time he cutoff the ending of the Grey’s Anatomy episode just as McSteamy emerged from the shower loosely draped with a towel – what happened next??? I cursed Tivo, cursed and cursed some more. But eventually I forgave him. And now as his time with me draws to a close I feel bad for having been so irrational. 

R.I.P. Tivo - you will be missed... well, until I can get a new one. 



No comments: