Sunday, November 15, 2009

Look What I Can Do

I took these this morning. Yesterday he would sit up for maybe 2 or 3 seconds on his own then topple over. This morning I got 2-3 minutes of him sitting on his own. He's getting so big and growing so fast I can't believe it. He's 5-1/2 months this week.
Oh, what else is he up to...
He's still just the happiest baby. He rarely gets fussy, except maybe when it's close to nap time. He's doing pretty good on a four hour schedule but occasionally he still wants to eat every three. He's still sleeps through the night from about 8pm - 7am. We do a dreamfeed at about 10pm (where he has a bottle but doesn't really wake up for it). I'm looking forward to the day when we can drop that so I can go to bed a little earlier some nights. It's a small price to pay now though to get at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. He does wake sometimes if he has worked himself into an uncomfortable position and he can't get himself out of it. He is getting better at rolling every which way so that doesn't happen too often. He has a little cold right now but it doesn't seem to bother him too much. Just a runny nose and a cough.
Every day he gets a little more talkative. And he gets louder too. He still doesn't squeal. I just don't think he has discovered he can do it yet.
His naps are still hit or miss - sometimes 45 minutes sometimes 1-1/2 hours. He's down to 3 naps a day most days. On weekends I try and squeeze and extra nap in somewhere for him and he doesn't seem to mind.
That's about it right now. We've been told a lot lately about what a good and happy baby he is and I couldn't agree more. We are so blessed and I'm thankful everyday.


1 comment:

Jennie said...

These pictures are insanely cute. This is my favorite baby age :)