Saturday, December 21, 2013

Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl

We found out a couple weeks ago that the we are having a boy and a girl! It is so exciting and just perfect. It's funny because Evan seemed to know all along. We would ask him what he thinks they are and he would say a boy and a girl. He even named them, the boy is Swimmy and the girl is Rattaley. He's so funny. And until Todd and I can agree on some names that is what we are calling them.
At the ultrasound I was 17w6d and they are measuring 7 ounces each and are looking great. I have another Level 2 on Monday because they couldn't quite get all the angles of the heart they wanted. Now that we know the genders the fun really starts. But we are really at a standstill now until after Christmas. Then we will work on rearranging rooms and going through all the baby stuff I have in totes downstairs, a very daunting task. I'm feeling much better lately, not really nauseous in the mornings anymore and have gotten some of my energy back, thank goodness! I've been feeling some kicks for a couple weeks now and I love it.
And Christmas is approaching fast! I finally finished my shopping yesterday and I couldn't be more excited for Christmas morning.
Here are a few photos from trimming the tree and making a gingerbread house.

Isn't it magnificent!? It lasted about an hour before it fell apart. It was not structural sound enough for all that candy. 
At the beginning of this month we had a pretty decent snow, maybe 6 inches or so. The kids had an absolute blast. The would've stayed out there all day if we would've let them, but with the snow came temperatures in the twenties so we had to drag them kicking and screaming back in.

Well there's about a million other things I need to blog but that's all I have time for tonight, we are getting ready to make Christmas cookies, weeee! 

No comments: