Friday, December 29, 2017

Oh Blog...

Oh long neglected blog. Although many memories from 2017 were great ones, a lot of them I just want to forget and never think about them again.
The things I've meant to blog since my last post. Erin's turned six. Fall pumpkin picking, Halloween and various other fall activities. We moved! (I will elaborate on that later). Christmas cookies, Christmas morning... but I just can't. I don't have it in me.

First, a couple of necessary things. We had Lilly put to sleep. She was really struggling health-wise and it was an excruciating decision but we thought it best to end her suffering.
We all said goodbye :(


The animal hospital I went to was so great - they took Lilly and I into a room much like a living room. They gave her a sedative which she fell asleep on my lap. She laid there for a few minutes and they asked if I was ready. I was. They gave her the injection and she was gone. My poor sweet girl. I felt horrible but I know it was what was best for her. It was so very hard. 

Next, my mom died. It is still so weird to say that. It's weird to think it. She had cirrhosis. We did not expect it. I will have to write more later when I can. But for now I am heartbroken from these loses and other things that have happened this year that I haven't shared. I'm so ready for 2018. 


No comments: