Sunday, October 14, 2018

I Haven't Blogged Because I Can't Think of Clever Titles

OK not really. I guess I haven't blogged in so long because some shit went down that I don't/didn't want to share. 10 months have passed and I think I'm ready to share my little heart out going forward. No looking back.
So after the bad stuff some good stuff happened. We moved, we celebrated the kids birthdays, we had a great summer, Audrey had a dance recital, Evan Soccer, Wes soccer, etc. etc. I can't go over it all because jeesh I'd be sitting at this computer forever and I'm busy as hell so I'm giving myself 30 minutes until the dryer is done then it's back to folding.
OK so last week was fall break. And we had to evacuate Panama City because of a freaking hurricane. Hurricane Michael.
Nothing had formed in the gulf last Friday night before we left so I was super excited for a week at the beach. 11 hours in the car we arrived and we were all soooooooo excited!

Sunday morning we started hearing a little about a hurricane that was forming in the gulf. As the day went on we heard more and more but they were predicting a category 1 and we decided to ride it out when it made landfall on Tuesday or Wednesday. Buy Monday morning we heard the dreaded words "mandatory evacuation" being thrown around. We made the best of our couple of beach day and I went down Monday morning and got pics on the beach.













 I wish I'd gotten more of Erin but she was in a MOOD. The wind was blowing pretty hard and she was mad she was getting sand blown at her.
Here are some beach pics - the kids liked the beach but the LOVED the pool. I need to convert these kids because mama is a beach person!








So by Monday evening we had this sign on the door.


So we needed to get out. So we had two options, head home along with a billion other people of head West to stay with Todd's cousin in Fairhope Alabama. We chose option B so we could maybe salvage a couple days of vacation plus avoid hours and hours of traffic. We left almost all of the groceries we'd bought Sunday morning (about $200 worth!) thinking we might be able to return Thursday morning after the storm passed and we could spend a couple more days at the beach.
We left PCB at about 4am on Tuesday morning. I was so sad to leave.
Fairhope was a cute town and we took a day trip to Gulf Shores.










We tried to make the best of it but we were so disappointed. On Wednesday Hurricane Michael made landfall at almost a category 5. And PCB was clobbered. Power was knocked out and there would be no going back on this trip. We headed home Thursday morning from Alabama.
We are being refunded about half of what we paid for the condo and I'm rolling it into booking another trip on Spring Break - not sure where yet but I need another vacation. This was not the relaxing stress relief I needed in my life!
When I think about it I really can't believe our luck - but I'm glad we made it out safely.









No comments: