Friday, May 22, 2009

37 Weeks - The Home Stretch

Today Evan is full term! This is the day I've been waiting for. My anxiety about pre-term labor is something I've kept to myself only because I just didn't want to think or talk about it. But it's been there, daily. But now my little Ev-ster is fully baked and I'll be more than happy whenever he decides he wants to come out and meet the world :-)
At my doctors visit yesterday I was 1 cm dilated. Kind of exciting but then again I've had friends dilated 1 cm for weeks, even a month.

I asked the doctor if she could tell about how big he was - she said around 7 pounds. And he would be about 8 pounds when I deliver. We'll see how accurate her prediction is. I sure don't see how they can tell all that just by looking at my stomach.

I still feel really good, and I'm sure that will piss off some other moms who were living in hell the last month of their pregnancy. But honestly, my only complaint right now is the lack of sleep, which has been an issue for quite a while. I just love it when people say "well get your sleep now" - if they only knew.

Now don't get me wrong, I have other issues other than sleeping - like as I type this I'm pretty sure Evan is trying to break one of my ribs. Oh and I still have the heartburn, and the swelled feet. But all of that is totally fine. I'm trying to take in everything in these last few weeks - I really think I will miss being pregnant. Mostly I'll miss his nudges and kicks, he never fails to make me smile when he does a barrel roll. But I know when he's here he'll have me smiling with about a million other cute things he does.

As for our readiness for his arrival we are about 97% ready. My bag is packed and in my trunk even.
The nursery is done with the addition of my comfy rocker we got last week.
Sweet huh? I pretty much love it.

Car seat is installed and ready to go.

I have his coming home outfit picked out (hopefully it'll fit him). So adorable.


I have just a few things left on the registry that we are going tomorrow to pick up. After that I think we will be as prepared as we can be. I'm sure there are things we won't be prepared for but we can deal with those as they come up.

So now it's just the waiting. The 9 months or preparing and planning are up and now I can focus on what lies ahead. Labor. I went quite a while without even thinking about. Even going so far as to skip that section in the baby books. Now with it looming I can't read enough about it, or talk enough about it with my girlfriends who've had babies. Such a scary thing but at the same time I know it will be one of the best days of my life cause I will meet my son for the first time.

That's all for now, I'll keep everyone posted.
Oh, here's my big ole belly pic.

No comments: