Sunday, July 12, 2009

Patience

I'm working on it. All day, everyday. It's not easy for me. But I remind myself constantly that it won't be like this forever. It will get infinitely better. And I also have to remind myself that he will never be this little and squishy again. And it's going so fast if I don't stop myself from being frustrated I will regret spending the first weeks of his life being a big ole grouch.

To answer everyone's question (and by everyone I mean everyone) NO - he is not sleeping through the night. I mean, what five week old sleeps through the night (except ones that belong to EXTREMELY lucky parents)?
He wakes up about 2 to 3 times a night to eat. I am lucky in that he goes right back to sleep. But he is much better at that than I am. I'm such a light sleeper that it's difficult for me to fall back to sleep. Especially when you have a squeaking baby, a restless dog and a snoring husband.
But now that I'm coming up to six weeks of sleep deprivation I am getting used to it. It is getting a little bit easier.

It's harder during the day. Despite what the following picture shows it is very hard to get the little guy to nap. Naptime is not only necessary for him, I need it too! We are working on it though. As with everything else.

As far as waketime goes he is getting more interested in looking at objects. He gets bored pretty easily and he likes to be moved around for new scenery.
This play gym has been awesome. He loves it, he can stare at the toys for as much as an hour sometimes. A hour is an eternity to me.
This may sound like a negative post but I really want to tell it like it is so in five years I'll look back and laugh... maybe cry a little cause I know these days are precious and as frustrated as I can get it's worth every second.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

It does get better! I can't tell you how many times I had to tell myself not to wish away Noah's baby days - but it's hard! You are just weeks away from smiles and laughs. Hang in there :)