Thursday, September 17, 2009

Evan is 15 Weeks

So Evan has been sick the past 4 days. It has been awful. I've never felt so helpless in my whole life.
He had a fever of over 101 for 3 days. At one point his fever was 103.7. Pretty scary stuff. And even more scary after a trip to urgent care, then a trip to the ER and finally a trip to his pediatrician we thought he might have meningitis. Thank God he did not. His symptoms subsided just minutes before we were to take him to a children's hospital for a spinal tap.
Poor little buddy. I think these pictures look so sad but believe it or not he was so happy in the ER. He didn't cry when they pricked his toe. And when they couldn't get enough blood from his toe they said they had to get his finger. They prepared me for the worst saying he would definitely feel this one. He didn't make a peep. I was so happy because I was already starting to well up in preparation of the stick.
The diagnosis was a viral infection and that caused ulcers in his throat.

Today he has been great and I think he is all better. I'm sure my pediatrician will be delighted to hear that I will stop calling him now.
I'm so happy Evan is feeling better. It's been a long sleepless week for both of us and I'm looking forward to the weekend to recuperate.

Oh and a quick stat - Evan weighs 14 pounds.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I am glad he is feeling better.