Thursday, April 22, 2010

Splish Splash


I can't say why I was nervous about moving Evan to the big tub. I guess I was afraid he would be scared and cry. The only time he has ever cried during a bath was his first one.
Of course when I put him in the big tub he didn't miss a beat. He just splashed around and was very excited about his new frog squirt toys. One of these days I guess he will be afraid of something or someone but for now he is fearless. Maybe it's because his mommy is afraid of everything he knows I do enough worrying for everybody.
We lost some sleep recently due to what the pediatrician said was a sore throat. For about 3 nights Evan was waking up SCREAMING. I'm talking inconsolable blood curdling screaming. It was horrible. I wasn't sure what to do, he didn't have a fever or any signs of sickness. I tried Tylenol and Orajel but nothing worked. He wouldn't even calm when I went to him and picked him up. He would eventually just fall back asleep only to wake up a few hours later. We took him in to the doctor and everything looked fine except a red throat. So we gave him Motrin that night and he's been fine ever since. It's so hard to watch. I just wish he could tell me what was wrong or what hurt him.
We did get a bit of good news at the doctor, the fluid in Evans ears is gone. It had been there for two months and we had an appointment in May to check and see if he might need tubes. So we are in the clear there for now. Yay!
He still just has his two bottom teeth. I think he is working on the top 2 but I have been saying that for a month. They are just taking their time coming in.
That's about all that is going on right now. We have a vacation coming up and I'm excited for Evan to see the ocean and play at the beach, almost as excited as I am about myself seeing the ocean and the beach! It will be our first trip since having a baby. I'm sure it will be an entirely different experience.
Love this face - he looks like daddy!

1 comment:

My2cents said...

I love that face too. It looks like he's giving you a "you're silly mom" look :)