Monday, August 9, 2010

Cancun


We had a fabulous time in Cancun. The resort was great and we had excellent weather. Apparently it was hotter at home than it was in Mexico. Go figure.
This was our view from our spot by the pool  - heavenly.
We didn't have a bad view from our balcony either.
For as much fun as we had I still missed Evan terribly. The first few days weren't as bad but as days 5 and 6 rolled around it was a lot harder. I called home a few times to check on him and of course he was ok but it almost made it worse. I was sad to leave the resort but also happy that I was going home to see my baby. Unfortunately our flight home was cancelled in Dallas so our reunion was delayed a day. Very very frustrating but what could we do.
When we finally made it home I wasn't sure what his reaction was going to be. It took him a couple of minutes but it was as if no time had passed and we were back to normal.
He seemed to change so much in one weeks time. He was saying "uh-oh" and "yea" which he hadn't said before.
One thing I notice right off was his hair. Had I just been too preoccupied to notice how out of control long it had become?

So after dinner tonight we took him for a haircut. He was so good and just sat and smiled. I hope all his future haircuts will be that easy!
Such a little boy.

1 comment:

JesB said...

aw, I love his haircut. too cute