Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Zoo

Today had a chance of rain and overcast skies forecast all day. So I thought this would be perfect opportunity for a trip to the zoo. It turned out to be absolutely perfect. There were no crowds at any exhibit giving us prime viewing on all the animals. And the weather cooperated with no rain and cool breezes - so nice!
Evan seemed to enjoy the animals. Although he was way more into the ducks, geese and any other bird that was flying around than the actual exotic animals.
I have to say I was really impressed with the new polar bear habitat. Although I was disappointed there was only one polar bear and she was 26 years old.

She wasn't very exciting, she just meandered a lot and took a brief swim. Still a neat habitat though.

The seals were also very fun to watch.
All in all we had an excellent time and I am very glad we went, especially before it gets too hot or I get too pregnant. Here are a few more photos. 




No comments: