Saturday, May 21, 2011

Challenges

So as you can see on the ticker to the right I have about 62 days left until our baby girl makes her arrival. We are no closer to getting Evan into his big boy bed and his new room. The last two nights I set the pack and play up in his current room to just get him to adapt to sleeping in the pack and play as opposed to his crib. That way when we put the p & p in his new room he would be ok with sleeping in there. Well the first night was ok, some crying but nothing too bad. He slept well until the next morning. But last night he refused to settle down and he learned how to climb out of it. So that idea went right out the window. I put him back in his crib and decided that is exactly where he will stay until he is ready to move to his new bed.
I just ordered a new crib online. I should get it in a couple of weeks. Not the end of the world to have both kids in cribs but also not how I envisioned it. I've just got to learn to let this one go for now. I'm stressing myself out way too much over it and in the end it's not that big of a deal.
Evan will get the new crib and he will sleep in his new room. And baby girl will still be moving into Evan's old room. So as soon as the new crib comes in we can start painting her room and getting things ready for her. More delays.
I'm happy I have a plan in place and at least it's one less thing I have to worry about right now. I'm also pretty sure that once Evan moves out the crib his naps will be a thing of the past. So all the more reason to keep him in the crib.
It's frustrating but I think it is the right decision for now.

No comments: