Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What's Going On


This will be a random post that will mostly be pictures. We are crazy busy around here and it's hard to find time to sit down and blog. When I do have a minute to sit down I usually spend it completely zoned out trying to relax. I'm down to 1-1/2 weeks left of maternity leave and I have mixed feelings about it. Part of me is ready to get back to work where I can relax and not worry about anything. My job is pretty low stress (when I let it be) and it's SUPER easy compared to taking care of these four munchkins. I'm pretty sure at this point you could give me almost any job in the world and I would find it a piece of cake compared to the last 7-1/2 weeks :) I will miss my kiddos like crazy though while I'm at work. And since the twins aren't sleeping through the night yet (we're up to 5-6 hours though) I'm sure I'll be even more exhausted than I am now.
So what's been going on. Well first Evan had his five year checkup and he is 44 pounds (75th percentile) and 42 inches tall (30th percentile). I sure hope he didn't get my shortyness, he seems average to other kids his age though so I'm not too worried. He got all his shots to get him ready for kindergarten (which I still can't believe that is only 6 weeks away).  The boy is all about some Lego's since his birthday. It would be super great if I didn't have to build them all first but oh well.
Erin turns three in one month. I cannot believe that either. She is by far my most challenging right now but my goodness do I adore her. She is everything I wanted in a daughter, sweet, sassy, smart and downright hilarious.
Love her sweet face. And does she love her baby sister, oh my goodness. She loves Wes too of course but she dotes on sweet Audrey. 
The babies are doing great, growing like weeds. Wes has made the biggest transformation, he's huge! Well surpassed Audrey in weight, their eight week appointment is Monday and I can't wait to see how much he weighs. Chunky monkey!
He is super terrible at tummy time and while he doesn't mind it, he just lays there rarely lifting his head. I think he has good head control from when I am just holding him upright but I'm a little concerned at his lack of effort. 
My worry might also be that Audrey does really well at tummy time. She lifts her head a lot and for long stretches of time. I'm sure I will always be comparing milestones with the twins but I probably shouldn't since all babies are different!
(the tongue is out, she's concentrating)
Poor girl is balding too. And she has a bad case of baby acne. Oh well, hopefully it'll be a short phase. She's still cute though :) she reminds me so much of Erin at that age. 
Starting to get some smiles here and there from the twins. I just love that. They never smile at the same time though of course. 
Well that's about it for now. Hopefully I'll be able to update next week when the twins turn 2 months! 






No comments: