Sunday, August 3, 2014

Evan Goes to Kindergarten


As much as I tried to deny it was happening my little baby boy started Kindergarten last week. I actually handled it better than I thought I would. We got up bright and early so we could take him on his first day.


We got everyone ready and took A & W and Erin to daycare and that gave Evan the chance to see his friends on their first day as well. Excited boys!
We got to the school and headed to the gym where his class will assemble every morning. 
We gave hugs and kisses and he went to sit on the bleaches with his class. We slowly eased away and observed from a distance. Truth be told we were one of the last sets of parents to leave. He was excited but he also seemed a bit nervous. 
Eventually after the pledge and morning announcements they lined up and went to their classes. After he went to class we stayed and had some breakfast the PTO had set up for the kindergarten parents which was nice to commiserate with the other K parents. 
When Todd picked him up from school that day he said he had a good day, of course details were sketchy but that's to be expected. 
Day 2 it was time for the big bus ride. This was worse than the first day! His bus comes at 7:02am so we all were pretty tired out at the bus stop but the bus came right on schedule and Todd helped him onto the bus. 
I was actually fine up until this point, when Erin started balling. I don't think she really knew what was going on and where this big ole bus was taking "her Evan". So maybe I teared up a little bit while consoling her. 
Again on day 2 his details were non-existent but I started asking him some questions yesterday and got a few answers. Love this big boy and can't wait to hear more about what he is learning and watching him grow! 


No comments: