Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Sleep Study for Wessy

Well last night was super fun :(
Wes and I left for his sleep study at about 6pm last night. We got to the hospital about 7:00 and waited to be let back in the pediatric sleep unit. I took the ipad so while Wes rested he watched a movie and relaxed.

 About 8pm they came in and started hooking him up. Poor guy just grunted and squired but didn’t scream or anything. They hooked about 8 leads up to his head, 2 on each leg, about 4 on his chest and he had a nasal thing and lead on his index finger. The finger and nose seemed to bother him the most.

We watched the movie until it was over and then he drifted off to sleep at about 9:30. He slept decent until about 11 then he woke up pissed. He thrashed around and tried to take off the wires. Eventually he would calm down and fall back asleep. He repeated this 4 or 5 times throughout the night. Eventually they had to put those arm boards on him so he couldn’t pull of anything or touch his nose, he hated this of course.
At about 5am I woke up and heard a storm outside. The thunder was SO loud! I  can’t believe it didn’t wake him up thank goodness. At about 6am the nurse came in and started to unhook him, I was so glad for it to be over. She said we’d get the results in about a week. I hope it was worthwhile to have the sleep study but I also don’t want anything to be wrong with him. I don’t want him to have to have his tonsils out so young.

No comments: