Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Thred Up Goody Box - Review

I was pleasantly surprised with my Goody Box from thredUP. For anyone that doesn't know thredUP is a consignment website - where you send them your gently worn or new with tags clothing and they sell them for you.
The way the Goody Boxes work is you create an account on their website and fill out a style quiz. Here you will let them know your sizes, style preferences, brands you like, etc. Unlike Stitch Fix and Nadine West this isn't a subscription box - you just order one when you want, as often as you'd like. My first box was $10 (comes off the price of anything you keep).
I was shocked when I saw the box on the porch last night, it was huge compared to the other two I have tried. And I was surprised to find 12 hand picked items for me to try inside! And the prices are pretty reasonable. Again, some of this is new with tags, some is gently worn but great quality and brand names.


First, I apologize for the bad pictures and lighting, I had to use my daughters room this time :)
Up first, the keepers.
The box started off right with this burgundy Loft blouse which I loved. Keeper!! Price $24.99.

Next up this classic white blouse. Brand is Nydj - I do not own anything this brand, but my little sheet with the pricing says it retails for $143. Ouch. My price is $30.99. The quality and fit of this had me sold regardless of retail price tag.

This Banana Republic cardigan is perfect for me. Black = my favorite. It's also long and super soft. Keeper at $20.99. 
My last keeper were these dress pants from Torrid. Slightly too long for me but not drag the floor long so I'll take them! $21.99
So my total is $98.96 - $10 = $88.96. Plus since I spent over $75.00 I get $10 off my next box. Really not bad to me considering all of it I can wear to work, I didn't have to shop and it is all great quality. 
The rest of the pics are the things I'm sending back. 
This bag is HUGE and I would never be able to find anything in it.

This jacket was super cute until I turned it over and it had giant flower embroidered on it - not my style! 


These pants are dark blue not purple, also WAY too long.

Not my style.
I had a serious debate with myself on this jacket. I just feel like I like it in theory but I would never wear it.
Sweatpants - meh. Super comfy though but I have plenty of those.

Love this color but too many ruffles for me.
Off the shoulder - a definite no.

And here are all the prices. If I would've purchased it all it's about $328.

All in all very pleased with this box and will be ordering another one after Christmas.


No comments: