Monday, September 22, 2008

My First Session

I had my first official portrait session yesterday. I actually had a really good time.

My weak point right now is posing - it seems easy but really it's not, I promise. This was a great learning experience for sure. I've edited about half the photos and I've seen so many things I did wrong and some thing I did right too. So much goes into it that you have to be conscious of - lighting, composition, pose, everyone in focus, random dog walkers in the background... it's enough to make you go crazy. But that's what practice is all about. 
Here are just a couple of pictures (I should actually be editing right now).

Nicole & Kurtis. Nicole was great with helping me come up with cute poses for the girls. 
This is Kristin. I love this girl! She was such a great little model and was very energetic. If every child I ever photograph is like her I will have it made.
This is Kourtney, she was also fabulous - she also had some great suggestions for poses which I appreciated.



This was my last shot of the day - Kristen wanted her picture swinging on the branch. What a cutie.

Hopefully I'll have all the shots on my website by the end of the week. I'm my biggest critic so editing has been a challenge, especially since I don't start my photoshop classes for a few weeks. But I'm slowly but surely figuring it out. 





2 comments:

JesB said...

Hey, those are pretty good! I'm somewhat proficient in photoshop, so if you have questions, just ask.

Paula said...

You did a great job. I will be thrilled with our photos as long as you de-zit me! Make sure you figure out how to do that in photoshop!