Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Power is Back On!

I tell you 48 hours without power seems like an eternity. After the electric company told me it would be up to 7 days I was prepared but a little annoyed. But when the power came back on today I was delighted.
We got very lucky and had very little damage. Just a few shingles loose. We were stranded on Sunday at a restaurant because of numerous trees down on every possible route home. This is what remained when we finally made it home. This is right in front of our house.
This is a tree on the powerline about 100 feet down the road from our house.


Our neighbors yard.
I've driven by so many houses that had gigantic trees down in their yards or on their houses - I feel very lucky.
I'm so grateful everyone made it through this freaky storm ok and I hope everybody gets their power back real soon.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I am glad you did not have damage. And what is really great is that your Bette Buechler for Treasurer sign withstood the storm!

Made by Petter Samulin said...

Glad that it wasn't more damages then loosing power, (okey it stinks but as long as the house and people are fine that's all that matters!)