Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting to Know You


Things have been going good for us since we brought Evan home. It's been full of ups and downs. We've had some sleepless nights and some trouble with feeding but I think we're working our way into a routine. He and I are learning together, I really had no idea how hard nursing would be. I figured feeding him would be the easy part. But we're on Day 5 of being home and we're getting the hang of it. 
We took him to the pediatrician yesterday after we notice his eyes and skin were looking a little yellow, which the doctor warned us could happen. They ran a bilirubin test and he's borderline jaundice so they ordered us a set of lights for our house. They were delivered today and he's currently soaking up the sun. Hopefully he'll be back to his normal pink self by tomorrow or the next day. 
The pediatrician also did his one week check up and everything is looking normal. Good to hear, since every time he gets the hiccups I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. 

As far as how Todd and I are doing we are figuring it all out little by little. Todd has been great, especially by forcing me to go to sleep when I need it. I'm really not looking forward to him going back to work on Thursday.
But we really wouldn't be doing as good as we are without everyone's support. And to all our friends that have brought food I don't know how we can repay you. Seems like the simplest thing but it has made a world of difference and we are so grateful. We didn't eat this good before Evan was born! Thanks again guys. 

1 comment:

Paula said...

Reed got the hiccups very bad, he still gets them when he laughs. If you are not opposed to using a bottle, put a little bit of water in it and let him take a few sips, this always made Reed's go away.