Wednesday, June 2, 2010

One

My sweet baby boy. My amazing little man. Tomorrow he will turn one. A toddler. I'm crying as I write this. So silly. Probably has something to with the thousands of pictures I just went through for this post. Going through them all I realized how amazingly blessed we have been this past year.

A year ago today I was excited and nervous about meeting our little guy. I had no idea how much I would love him. Not until they handed him to me. The happiest moment of my life. I can honestly say that because not only was I happy he was born healthy and perfect but I was soooo happy labor was over.

The first few weeks were tough. But as we got to know our sweet Evan (and he got to know us) it has been bliss ever since. Now, I'm not delusional - we have had bumps in the road but we are learning to be the best parents we can possibly be. We question every decision we make and just pray it is the right one. It's hard work. But it is so worth it.

As I put Evan to bed tonight he said "night night" for the first time. It's surprises me how excited I get at these little milestones. I think I was more excited for "night night" than I was when he took his first steps. And when he sees Todd now he says "dada". So precious. I'm still holding out for "mama". I'm pretty sure I'll do a backflip to first time he says it to me.

We are having a small celebration tomorrow just the three of us. We'll have cake he can smear all over his face and a couple little gifts from me and his dada. We are having family and friends over on Saturday to celebrate as well. I'm looking forward to all the excitement (and picture extravaganza).

I'm still floored by how fast a year can go. It really does not seem that long ago that we brought him home from the hospital. He's changed so much. I swear he looks different every day. And of course, I have proof!

A few hours old.


One Month

Two Months

Three Months

Four Months

Five Months

Six Months

Seven Months

Eight Months

Nine Months

Ten months

Eleven Months

And last but not least,
Twelve Months

2 comments:

JesB said...

he is too cute!! happy birthday Evan!

Paula said...

Happy Birthday big fella!