Thursday, July 22, 2010

Not A Lot

Not much going on lately. It's still ridiculously hot this summer. There is a heat advisory for tomorrow, it's going to be 100-105 with the heat index. It's miserable to be outside for more than a few minutes.  So we've been staying indoors most of the time. 

I've been mentally preparing to leave Evan with his Grandma and Grandpa for a week while Todd and I go on a much needed vacation. We booked the trip over 6 months ago, it's an adults only trip with some friends to Cancun. I'm super SUPER excited. But not excited to be away from my baby for 7 whole days. Todd asked that I not cry the entire time we are there but quite honestly I don't know how I will react. I do know one thing, when I drop him off before I leave I will be a mess. I know he will be fine but I swear he changes daily and I'm afraid I will miss something! But again, it is a much needed vacation for just the two of us. No schedules to worry about, no need to pack 300 things before we can walk out the door, no diapers, no work, ahhhhhh... I think it will be ok. 

It makes me worry though that this week has started the dreaded separation anxiety. Evan has never cared before when I left him at daycare. Well everyday I have dropped him off this week he has wailed when I left. The first couple of times, I won't lie, I kind of loved it. It made me feel good that he wanted to be with me and didn't want to see me go. But now, it just makes my heart ache. I would love to stay home with him but that just can't happen right now. Hopefully this will be a short phase and he will go back to ignoring me completely when I drop him off. 
We'll just have to see what happens. That's all for now, and because I just can't blog without a picture...



1 comment: