Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Lot to be Thankful For

I know my post yesterday was a little down but I have so much to be thankful for. As difficult as Evan is being right now he really does make up for it with his sweetness. It seems like I tell him he is adorable about 20 times a day for all the things he says and does. And he is so kind and sweet to Erin. It just melts my heart.
Today and yesterday we did a lot of coloring and painting to keep busy. I haven't had both kids at home by myself for consecutive days since maternity leave, so I knew Evan would get bored real quick if I didn't have him some stuff to go.
Lots of coloring.
And he got to paint for the first time (at home anyway). He painted this tractor for papaw.
And this cute little cow for mamaw. I love his little determined face and the concentration (see the tongue sticking out?)
And I am so thankful for Erin. My sweet sweet Erin. She is still the BEST baby.
She still rarely cries, although she has started to get a little fussy when I put her down for a nap. I think she is realizing she might miss something when she naps. I'd say at most she cries for about 2 minutes and then gives into her nap.
She still hates tummy time but she is getting a little better and will tolerate it a little longer.

I feel like Erin is getting a raw deal lately because we have to spend so much time and attention on Evan.
I wish I could get more one on one time with her, I love to snuggle her and smell her sweet baby head. She loves to be held and really loves to sit anywhere or do anything. Have I mentioned she is awesome? And when I put her in this little dress and tights on Thanksgiving I have to admit, I got all emotional. I just adore my little girl!

No comments: