Friday, December 2, 2011

Oh My Goodness

This week has been much better! I think Evan is settling in better with his bedtime routine and starting to have less tantrums. He is getting enough rest therefore isn't quite as cranky. Oh he still has his moments but it's a definite improvement. 
And for some unknown reason it seems like he's has grown about 5 feet in the past few weeks. He just walked into a room yesterday and I was struck by how tall he looked. Tonight we were laying on the couch talking and he is getting so good at conversation. I get a lot of "I don't know's" when I ask him questions but more and more he is able to tell me about his day. And he tells me what he likes and what he doesn't. 
He really likes The Lion King right now. He still asks to watch Toy Story 3 everyday but occasionally we get The Lion King thrown in there. Usually we oblige him because he will watch for about 15-20 minutes and then be ready to shut it off and play. 
He also really like riding in "daddy's big truck". It's one of his favorite things. And of course Papaws tractor is still the best. 
He no longer answers with an "uh huh" his new thing is "yeah". Still not the "yes mommy" we have been working on but it'll do. He's begun mimicking some expressions I make it and it is hilarious. I always say "oh hey thanks" when someone gets me something and hearing it out of his little mouth NEVER stops being funny. And his excited "oh my goodness" just delights me in every way. 
I could go on and on about the things he says that make me laugh but for now I need to sleep. Erin has a cold and I have a feeling tonight may be a long one. I need to post about her 4 month stats soon. She is growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Love those little pajama pants ;-). Some of my all time favorite.