Sunday, December 18, 2011

'Tis the Season

I am loving this Christmas season! Usually this time of year is very stressful and I'm always way too busy to notice all the wonderful Christmasy things going on around me. Well this year I took steps to make sure we all have a non-stressmas! I finished up all my shopping in the first week of December, so my usual procrastinating self wouldn't be worried about buying gifts the whole month of December!
It has been so amazing to see everything this holiday season through Evan's eyes. Last year he was still too little to understand certain things but this year he is really really into it.
He loved putting the lights up outside with daddy. He was a big helper.
He also loved trimming the tree, which took a couple of days but I mainly just let him do it by himself. Of course we strung the lights and put the ornaments up high but other than that it was all Evan.
We went and saw Santa which was a big thrill for Evan. We waited in line for about an hour and coached Evan a little on what to do when he saw the big man. I knew he'd clam up because he is so shy but to my surprise when we arrived in Santa's workshop he saw Santa and immediately blurted "choo choo". Then he went mute again but at least he told Santa what he wanted.
Riding the carousel at Bass Pro Shop.
A few days ago we went to a Christmas light show. It was pretty neat (although way overpriced) and Evan really liked all the colors and lights. Erin actually enjoyed it too.
Putting his name on the nice list.

Also at the light show he was able to write a letter to Santa. He really thought this was neat.
At his daycare they have been doing lots of Christmas activities as well. He was so proud of his gingerbread man.
Of course Erin has been enjoying all these things right along with Evan but she a wee bit little to have the real fun. 
In line to see Santa.
Christmas is one week away and I am beyond excited. I love starting new traditions with my family and it makes me appreciate the season so much more.

No comments: