Friday, August 24, 2012

Potty Time and Preschool!

The past week has been pretty huge for Evan. He started preschool and he's finally potty trained! I won't go so far as say he's 100% potty trained but he has been doing great. He's been going to the potty at daycare just fine for months but at home was another story. I just needed to bite the bullet and take away the pullups and put underwear on him. After a few accidents that first day and one accident the next he got the hang of it! We still have him in pullups at night but I'm very happy with his progress.

Evan started preschool on Wednesday. I was so nervous for him. I wasn't sure how he would act being dropped off at a strange place with strange people. He clung to me a little when we got to his class but I gave him a hug and a kiss and told him I needed to go. His teacher was really great and swooped in to get him distracted and he didn't cry - I was so relieved! I watched him a few minutes from outside the class where he couldn't see me and he seemed fine. When Todd picked him up he said Evan yelled "Daddy!!!" and ran up and hugged him. He said he had fun and was excited to go back to school the next day. He did have one accident but since I didn't want to go backwards with potty training I kind of expected it when I sent him in underwear. The next day at school he did not have an accident. I'm so proud of my big boy!
He will go to preschool twice a week, I think that will be a good start and get him familiar with going to school. I still can't believe his is in preschool. Where has the time gone!?
Such a big boy!

No comments: