Friday, August 3, 2012

Staycation


Our daycare has been closed this week so we were forced to take a vacation, aw shucks! We decided to stay close to home and do some fun stuff in our area and also get some much needed errands and appointments taken care of.
First up, Evans first dentist appointment.
 I didn't get any pictures of him other than in the waiting room. They were great with him and Evan did a good job, he didn't really know what was going on but he took it all in stride.
Next up new tires for mommy. I was worried about all that time with him in the waiting area but turns out he was fascinated with the whole process.
After we got those errands out of the way we went to a local family farm to just hang out and walk around. Evan LOVED feeding the koi, turtles and catfish.


Erin just relaxed in the shade.
Then we headed for ice cream, Evan picked Superman. Not my favorite but hey, it wasn't for me.
Erin liked it too!
Then mama got what she wanted next, peach sangria!
On Wednesday we headed to Indianapolis for an overnight trip. We hit up the Children's Museum first and it was a blast. Evan had so much fun and was so excited.
He played in the sand forever.
While he was doing that Erin took over in the under 24 month zone, she had it all to herself.
She didn't care for the sand.
 Evan loved this car - he said it was "just like Francesco's!"
This was a detour before our trip to Egypt. Meltdown. We just stayed there and waited it out. I have no doubt all the other parents there have been there so I wasn't embarrassed at all.
After the detour we were back at it in the science zone. Evan loved shoveling rocks, operating a crane, and driving a bull dozer. Not many pics from there because it was kind of dark and my camera phone is not the greatest.
That section also had a very cool water station with tons of levers and pulleys, Evan was very serious about this part.

We closed the place down and when we left both kids were asleep within minutes. So much fun!
The next day we went to the Indianapolis Zoo. A very nice zoo I must say. I didn't take many pictures (I know, very unlike me) but I decided to make a conscious effort to just try and enjoy it without worrying about getting pics. But here are a few.
Penguins!
Baby elephant.

He loved the train ride!
We drove home after that and the kids slept the entire 2 hour drive home. It was a nice quiet break.
Today we rounded out the vacation with a little backyard camping, football and baseball.
University of Louisville open football practice.
And a Louisville Bats game.
Obviously Erin loves baseball.
She warmed up after a little cotton candy.

I've had such a great week and I don't want it to end. It's been so nice to throw out the schedules and just be with Todd and the kids. Fun times!

No comments: