Tuesday, March 18, 2014

33 Weeks and Doing Great

Went in yesterday for an ultrasound and a checkup with my doctor. This was my last visit with Maternal Fetal Medicine. They measured the twins at about 4 pounds 7 ounces each. Wesley is still head down and Audrey is breech and at this point she probably won't move to head down. I will now be getting weekly biophysical ultrasounds where they will check for practice breaths and kicks from the twins. I'm excited to see them every week.
At my doctors appointment she checked my cervix and she said Wesley was a little lower and most likely was at a lower station so she wanted me to decrease work. So I'm on half days at work for at least a week and we will revisit next Monday at my appointment. We talked about the birth which she said if all is well could be as early as 37 weeks (which is 4 weeks away!!!) but definitely at 38 weeks we would have some babies. Very exciting. The plan is to schedule a c-section since Audrey is breech. She said that will be the safest way so I'm all for it. A c-section is pretty scary since I haven't had one before but I'm trying not to think about it too much, as long as they get her healthy and safe that is all that matters.
That's about all I have for now and since the babies didn't cooperate at the ultrasound and I didn't get pictures of them here are a couple of my cuties who are getting so big I can hardly believe it.


No comments: