Wednesday, November 18, 2015

And She's Done It!

 Erin has stopped sucking her thumb. It's been five days and she is doing so well! The past six months we've been trying to get her to stop but only in the last few weeks were we super serious. I've been trying everything, bribery, vinegar on her thumb, band aids on her thumb, more bribery. Finally last Saturday she just stopped. I promised her Shopkins which she loves and in the past she would get her new toy and then go right back to sucking her thumb. But she stopped. Just like that! I think she was ready. That or she was pretty dang sick of me always talking about it.
I can tell sleeping has been rough for her, especially falling asleep, she's always up in her room way later than when I put her to bed. Hopefully this won't last too long and she'll be back to sleeping good in the next few weeks.
 I'm SO proud of her! And she's proud of herself, a few times per day she'll ask me to feel her thumb to show me it's dry, she loves that I tell her I'm proud of my big girl!
(Crazily enough, it does make me a bit sad, I won't be seeing scenes like this anymore, they were pretty adorable thumbsuckers together).

No comments: