Sunday, June 5, 2016

Bye Bye Cribs!


As MUCH as it pained me to do we had to say adios to the twins cribs. I seriously thought we had at least another 6 months! Neither Evan or Erin tried to climb out of their cribs but of course the twins at 2 years 1 month decided they would climb on out of those suckers.

So without proper ceremony (unless you count a jump fest by all 4) we took down the cribs and replaced with toddler beds.
The twins loved them!
Night 1 went so amazingly good I was SHOCKED. They laid right down, covered up and went right to sleep!!


I knew it wouldn't always be this easy but I was glad at least the first night went smoothly and no one was scared or unable to sleep. To my surprise nights 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 were more of the same! Hallelujah!
But of course, soon enough they realized "hey, I can get out of bed whenever I want and trash the room and play and giggle and wrestle all night long!"
So right now we're in the midst of re-sleep training them if you will. So far I've sat in the room with them until they fell asleep, shut the door, baby gated the door and just let them trash the room and eventually pass out on the floor. We've removed anything dangerous from the room so really all I'm left to clean up is some clothes and diapers if they get into it. Shutting the door seems to be most affective for them so I've been using that tactic the last few nights. We'll see.
I still can't believe I have two toddlers. I still call them babies. And probably always will.

No comments: