Sunday, January 10, 2021

Healthy Train and Lunatics

 So started the old diet on Monday and I'm down 5-1/2 pounds! Surprised at quick results but my first week quitting all my junk food and fast food eating is usually pretty decent. 

I'm mainly counting calories and doing a workout each night. I went to the gym on Monday night and was shocked that I had a room to myself! It was great. I was anxious to go back because of Covid but I was worried for nothing. 


The rest of the week I have worked out at home. I signed up for a free trial of Beachbody and dang I'm old and uncoordinated and super lazy, haha! But I'm keeping with it so far. Erin has been doing it with me and that girl a beast! Oh to be nine again. The other night while cooling down we turned on one of the meditation programs on the app and it was kinda neat. Although Max didn't really understand why we were just sitting there breathing. 


I've been cooking healthy meals for Todd and I. Mostly I cook separately for the kids, I've tried to get them to eat like us but it's super expensive to cook something like this for 4 kids and they eat none of it and end up having a peanut butter sandwich. 


So for the most part they still have their spaghetti, chicken nuggets, etc. but sometimes they'll eat what we eat. 

Other than that and the lunatics at the Capitol this week has been pretty uneventful. The lunatics I'm speaking of stormed the Capitol to try and stop the counting of the electoral votes because they still believe Trump was cheated out of his election. Yikes. It's scary but I'll be honest, very good tv watching. (also ignore or second "football tv" below our main one, Todd likes to set up like a dang sports bar on Sundays). 


Hopefully all the Capitol unrest is over - Biden is supposed to be inaugurated on Jan. 20. I'm hoping for boring politics again after that. 

Baking fail for this week. These cookies. Don't know what I did wrong, I went over the recipe to the letter. But they were floury and gross. The kids still ate them so I guess they weren't a total fail. I am trying to redeem myself today by making some lemon cookies that are currently chilling in the fridge. TBD if they will be edible. 




No comments: