Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Down on the Farm

During the six hours of boredom while Todd was working on the Jeep on Sunday I took a nice walk in the woods behind my grandma's house. Lots of mosquitoes and spiders but it was nice and peaceful. And I got to practice some photography techniques I've been working. Sadly, those did not turn out they way I planned.  But here are some that aren't blurry catastrophes.

They all remind me of when I was little, traipsing through the woods without a care. It's a little different now, I basically went catatonic every time I saw a spider web.  I wonder what happened to make me so mortified of bugs and spiders when I used to pick them up and play with them. I guess it was just before I knew to be afraid of them. 








4 comments:

Jennie said...

Those pictures are great! That sunflower kind of put me into a trance. Really.

p.s. That Van Morrison song you have playing is Nathan's favorite :)

Kelly Marsh said...

The sunflower is hypnotic - I have it as my desktop picture right now and sometimes I black out. OK, not really.

Anonymous said...

These are all really awesome! I LOVE the sunflower. How do you get so close without it being blurry? You'll have to teach me that trick.

Paula said...

Do you do baby pictures? I am serious...