Monday, July 7, 2008

Oh So Inviting

Every five years or so on the land across from my parents house the farmers plant wheat instead of the usual corn.  Someday when we build on our land this will be what we could sit on our porch and watch sway in the wind till we're old and gray. When it's not ugly ole corn. If it was always wheat I'd insist we build now. I think it's just gorgeous.  
It scares me to think what would happen if the farmers sold the land. I'm sure it would be turned into a cookie cutter subdivision even uglier than the corn fields. That's a depressing thought. 
It will inevitably happen as soon as we break ground on my 4 bedroom 2-1/2 bath country farmhouse I already have picked out down to the wide plank floors and the clawfoot tub. You know, just as soon as my lotto numbers hit. Or 10 years, whichever happens first. Until then I can visit my wheat fields about once a decade.  

Actually about 10 minutes after I took these pictures they starting firing up their tractors to hack it all down. Dammit. 


1 comment:

Jennie said...

Think Kacy will want to move in with you and stare at the corn too?

Bwahahahahaha!