Monday, July 21, 2008

Goals

I'm feeling particularly motivated. Very unlike me. I'm leery of posting anything regarding my goals, hopes, dreams, aspirations or things of that nature. I feel like if I send it out into the world (i.e blog that all of 3 or 4 people read) I will be held accountable if I don't follow through. Follow through for me is not always guaranteed - call it laziness, boredom, disinterest or whatever you want. 
I've never been type A. Never will be. I could not be a workaholic constantly stressed about deadlines or status. But, being a easy going and relaxed type B does have a downside. I've never been a goal setter. Some people have an idea of what they want to be when they "grow up" when they graduate high school. Some have it all figured out when they graduate college. I've always envied these people. I couldn't even pick a major in college. I figured "undecided" couldn't be my major forever so I left. I look back and somedays I regret it but most days I shudder to think about going back. I hated every single minute of it. 
So here I am, thirty. Thirty... really? I don't feel thirty. I feel like I'm still in my twenties. But I do feel motivated. Motivated to learn and motivate to try.  I have a goal. Me!  A goal! So here it is world (all 3 of you).
I want my own photography business! 
I want to do what I love and I want to get paid for it! There it is. Feel free to hold me accountable. 

6 comments:

Paula said...

I will have 2 subjects for you in October, feel free to practice on them, just let me know.

Jennie said...

Come take pictures of my kids! If you can get them both to sit still and smile at the camera at the same time, I will pay you one million dollars.

No really, I KNOW you can do this! Go for it!

Kelly Marsh said...

Yay! My first victims...uh I mean subjects :-)
I like to use treats strategically placed on top of my head when taking pictures of Lilly. Does that work with children??? Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome. I want to do the same thing, but there's no way I'm in a positon to get all the equipment. If you need an assistant though...
I feel the same way you do. I'm not a goal setter either. Not a self motivator for sure. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Feel free to practice on Sydney. I can't promise good behavior, but it's worth a shot...

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

You go girl! Your pictures are awesome!

Chris Ellis said...

I think your goal is awesome! I still don't have it figured out. LOL Good Luck and Great Photos!

Chris Ellis