Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mommy and Evan Days

My daycare had a death in the family so they are closed for the next two days. So it's me and Evan. I'm using this time to break him of the pacifier. I am fully aware this may not be an easy few days but it needs to be done.
Todd and I took him for his 2 year checkup yesterday. He weighs 28 pounds 11 ounces and is 34-1/2" long (75th percentile for both). He's right on track developmentally and other than getting his 4 canine teeth all at the SAME TIME he is doing just great!!!
I'm really looking forward to these fews days (aside from the paci withdrawal) and I'm hoping it will give me a taste of what this summer on maternity leave will be like. Well, minus the little bitty newborn.
So far today has been good - we've been playing and lounging and the only issue we had was him giving up the paci this morning when he got out of bed. Nothing a little bribery and a new toy can't handle. I think I'm going to give it to him on his nap today and bedtime tonight and the same tomorrow but Saturday we will have him say goodbye. Wish me luck!

No comments: