Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lazy Days


Had a little beach time of course. This is Tunnels Beach - mainly a snorkeling beach, the reef is about 100 yards out from the shore. We packed up our snoreling gear and headed out.


I decided laying out and people watching was a more attractive option for me but Todd snorkeled.
I'm not sure what kind of birds these are but they are everywhere here - pretty aggresive when your eating your Triscuits on the beach - they don't know who they are messing with though!
We stopped at this beach on the way home, just to snap a picture or two.
This is where a river fed into the ocean - I'd never seen that before so pretty neat.

About 25 seconds after I snapped that picture it started to pour - the weather here is crazy and unpredictable. It has rained a lot but luckily it hasn't ruined any of our plans.

This valley is right down the road from our house, it's called the Hanalei lookout.

That's all for now, yesterday we went to Waimea Canyon and also rode ATV's at Kipu Ranch - tons of pictures to sort through before I can post them.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Love it, love it. I want to see pictures of the house you are staying at too. Also, you better not come back without pictures of flight 816 and the beach camp.
Paula

Jennie said...

I'm sorry but we can no longer be friends. This all looks sooo fabulous!

Oh and that last picture looks like some serious Jack Shephard territory. You better go put on your palm fronds hat and start stalking!