Sunday, April 13, 2008

Waimea Canyon


Waimea Canyon Drive is about 18 miles of curvy steep roads with lookouts all along the way. One of the best drives I think I've ever taken - although made me a little dizzy at spots.

This is the red dirt of Kauai that has stained quite a few pair of my shoes already.


Every time we stopped it got prettier and prettier.



10 miles up is the Waimea Canyon lookout - the main lookout spot. The pictures don't do it justice at all. Seems like a haze has plagued most of my pictures - but some turned out ok.


At the 18 mile marker is supposed one of the greatest view in the Pacific. Pu'u o Kila lookout - 5571 feet above sea level - about 60 degrees when we were up there, but this is what we saw. Unfortunatly rain and clouds filled the valley. Boo!!!

This is what we were supposed to see... if it wasn't two hours away I would go back. Ah well, maybe next year.


No comments: