Thursday, April 10, 2008

Not Overated

After seeing Honolulu and Waikiki Beach on Oahu I thought maybe this vacation that I had built up sooo much in my mind would not turn out as fantastic as I expected. Honolulu is your typical touristy beach destination - tons of people, noisy and above all busy, busy, busy. So not us.


Don't get me wrong - Waikiki beach is a beautiful beach - but it is so crowded I'd say on a sunny day you'd be hard pressed to find any good real estate to lay out a beach towel.


Our hotel was nice -


Nice comfy bed.


Not a bad view from the balcony.


This was the view from our doorway, not bad either.



But...just not us.


I was afraid that Hawaii was just overated - I didn't see what the big deal was... that is, until we landed in Kauai.

This is what I signed up for!

The most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. This one is like 5 minutes from the airport, the one highway in Kauai is along the coast and every corner you turn you come upon amazing beaches - one more awesome and massive than the next. We literally stopped every couple of miles to just park and stare at the scenery. Awesome.


When there aren't beaches on either side of you - this is what you drive through. Green, green, green. And huge mountains everywhere - unfortunately no pictures of those yet.


I know this will be hard for some of you to believe but I haven't gotten that many pictures - we've been mostly driving around - but today we are exploring so be prepared for tons more pictures. Until then - aloha!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Glad it is not overrated! Looks beautiful.